Organizational Change Management
There is no other subject more filled with hype and myth than that of Change Management.
- People state that we resist change.............and yet we get married.
- People state that resistance is bad.......... and yet it's what protects us from bad ideas.
- People consider the question "Why should I change? " almost as a form of insubordination... and yet it's what enables us to decide when change is necessary.
- People state that we must "change or die" ..... and ignore the equally true statement, "change or die!"
Here's the challenge:
We are faced with two conflicting situations
- We must implement all change that is necessary and,
- We must resist all change that isn't.
These are both obviously true and therefore pose a paradox and a serious challenge;
- How can we get people to embrace the change that is necessary?
- How can we create an environment that allows rational resistance?