Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Presenting at the upcoming PMI SAC Conference

I am quite excited about the opportunity of speaking at the upcoming PMI conference in Calgary on November 23rd.

Here is the link to the event and my presentation abstract:

http://www.pmisacconference.com/dnn/Program/MondaySessionsandWorkshops/tabid/156/Default.aspx

My topic is:

"Aligning & prioritizing Projects/Initiatives with the corporate strategy using Balanced Scorecards".

Specifically, I will be addressing:

'Doing the right projects or performing projects right! What is more important?’

Every organization has to decide at regular intervals which projects/initiatives they should execute and which ones they can delay. Also, are these projects aligned with the corporate strategy?

More specifically, do you need to answer any of the following questions?

1. What prioritized projects, services and products to concentrate on for the next 3-5 years to achieve maximum business success with resource and budget constraints?

2. How do I balance different stakeholder opinions before I build a roadmap?

3. How do I know that my roadmap/strategy is best aligned with corporate goals and is offering minimum risk for realization?

To answer the questions above, I will present an intelligent approach as well as a software toolset which uses Balanced Scorecards and Mathematical Optimization to rank and select projects for the PMO to balance various stakeholder needs, satisfy resource constraints and align with the corporate strategy.

I have successfully implemented this approach at 2 clients and elements of this work have been published in a paper at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2006, Shanghai, China).

I will be highly honored if you can make it to the session on Monday, November 23rd from 1-2 PM.

No comments: